Saturday, October 15, 2011

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


Description:
I was given this recipe about 30 years ago. It is still my favourite chocolate chip cookie. They are deliciously soft and chewy.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 6oz package chocolate chips (scant)
1/4 cup walnut pieces

Directions:
Mix together oil, sugars, egg and vanilla. Sift in flour salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips and walnut pieces. There will be so many chips you will probably have to mix them in with your hand. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375 F. for 8 to 10 minutes.

16 comments:

  1. OooOooooo..... I think I need to quadruple that. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are delish. I uploaded a photo but it doesn't seem to be showing. I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how easily influenced I am...... I made a double batch this afternoon.
    They are great.. if a little sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be a bad influence on you Julie! It has been a while since I made them. I think you are right, I usually go a bit scant on the white sugar too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, what should we have julie make next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be posting a pumpkin muffin recipe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, next time I would reduce the sugar by at least 1/4 cup (for a double batch).

    I used half butter half oil, because I ♥ butter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you melt the butter or cream it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I melted it.
    I only used half the salt and thought it was enough. I also added a bit more flour because I found the batter too wet (but that could be because of sloppy measuring on my part).

    ReplyDelete